To ensure the safety of cyclists and spectators, we need to close some of the roads in Wallingford town centre on Sunday 14 July during the afternoon.
Affected local residents can make special arrangements to enter / exit their properties with the organisers before Sunday 7 July 2019 or with the professional traffic marshals on the day. To make arrangements before the day or emergencies on the day please call: 01491 528900.
We are especially thankful to Waitrose (open as normal) for their support as the Festival Sunday activities cuts off their car park access to the store from 12 noon with the last vehicles leaving the Waitrose car park at 1:30 pm.
The town centre route affects the following roads and areas:
- High Street, section of road between Waitrose and the Cross Keys pub
- St Leonard’s Square and
- ALL of Goldsmith Lane
- St Mary’s Street
- St Martins Street
- The Market Place
- Waitrose Car Parks closes from 12 noon – 8 pm and
- Goldsmith’s Lane Car Park closes at 11 am – 8 pm
- Wallingford Bridge, Wood Street will be open
- We will operate a single file system from Reading Road to New Road
The access times are approximate as timing may vary due to incidents beyond our control so please be nice to our traffic team.
These roads will have barriers positioned alongside the roads to ensure the safety of the cyclists, please do not move these barriers to leave your property by car without supervision of a traffic marshal as this could cause serious accidents with fast racing cyclists.
- Sunday 14 July only: the barriers will be dropped off and erected on the town centre racing circuit from 9 am onward
Where to find buses and taxis on Sunday 14 July 2019:
There will be a temporary bus stop opposite the Fire Station in Station Road
Taxis will be opposite The Keep in Castle street