Wallingford Festival of Cycling (WFOC) cannot take place without our wonderful volunteers!
All our Festival Volunteers will receive the following:
- training before the event to make sure you know where to go and what to do
- a free t-shirt
- food and drinks during your volunteer shift
- a 50% discount on the Saturday cycling show tickets
- an invitation to Sunday post event party!
General Volunteer Responsibilities
All volunteers will assist the public by answering their questions regarding festival activities and help keep the public and cyclists safe during the event.
There will be roles for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Sunday will be the busiest day, offering morning and afternoon slots and if you feel up to it, you can do all day with a break for lunch.
Volunteering for all ages and abilities
Please note that you will need to be standing for all the time but we can also accommodate wheelchair users. There are also roles suitable for those under the age of 18.
If you want to volunteer but have concerns about your ability to do so then please contact us.
Event Stewards – Role description
Here is a list of some event steward roles we might ask you to fulfil on the day:
- Manning crossing points on the countryside sportive route and town centre race courses
- Guide cyclists to the various registration points and where to line up for their races
- Welcoming cyclists back from their races and handing out refreshments
- Assist kids into cycling at the mini tracks on the Kinecroft
- Register cyclists – if you can work fast to help us keep the queues short, then this is the role for you!
- Assist in the car parks and making sure that your voice is heard!
Race Marshalls – Role Description
As a Race Marshall you will be:
- manning points on the race course in Wallingford town centre
- you will be required to stay alert at all times whilst the cycle races are taking place
- making sure spectators cross the roads safely
- keeping your eyes on other Race Marshalls, ready to blow your whistle and raise your flag when the cyclists are coming through
- you must have experience in being a Race Marshall, either at previous Wallingford Festival of Cycling events or at other cycle races
- you need to be fast thinker, quick on your feet and ready to summon help and alert the race managers if an accident happens
Get in touch!
Think you fit the bill, then get in contact with Katie Muchan: