Starts 10:15 from Kinecroft Park (OX10 0DT)
5 Mile route description
Aimed at young riders, families and beginners this lovely ride takes in the town centre on closed roads, Wallingford Bridge, the meadows of Crowmarsh, the Castle Meadows and a sneak peak of the National Junior Road Race base camp at Wallingford School. Riders will enjoy a mixture of paths and roads all well sign posted with pink signs and with lots of smiley stewards to assist on the way.
Info for participants
- On the day, parking for the event is at Wallingford Sports Park, Hithercroft Road, Wallingford, Oxfordshire, OX10 9RB. Parking at the Sports Park will enable you to leave Wallingford easily avoiding any road closures. See our travel advice page regarding alternative parking options.
- It is a 5-7 min cycle ride from Wallingford Sports Park to Kinecroft park, where the sportive rides starts and finishes.
- Please note there is a secure bike park near the finish if you wish to enjoy other areas of the festival once you have finished your ride.
Sign on in Kinecroft park (OX10 0DT) – enter in advance if you want to miss the queues!
- Entries are allowed on the day so bring friends and family, but those not entered will need to arrive at least one hour before starting.
- You must sign on to validate the event insurance – to be downloaded from this page.
- All parents of children must have signed a parental consent form.
We have done all we can to make sure the route is fun and safe for you and your family. We are expecting large numbers of people taking part in the family ride so it is important for everyone’s
enjoyment and safety that the following is adhered to:
- Children are your responsibility and must stay close to whoever they are riding with.
- Although some roads will be closed to traffic, some will still have local traffic on them. Please ensure everyone follows the normal rules of the road, especially your children.
- There might be dog walkers / other footpath users on some of the paths, please be courteous and stop where necessary to let them pass.
- There are some narrow bumpy sections of the route. Please make sure in those sections riders are sensible and don’t race or overtake!
- Please wear a helmet.
Please bring plenty of water for you and whoever you’re riding with. There are no water stations on the route.
English weather being what it is – please bring sun hats, sunscreen, wet weather clothing and if your kids are anything like mine – snacks – to help any lull in motivation along the way!
Family Ride Activity Stations:
To make it more fun and interactive, we’ve set up 6 different bike related activity stations along the route. Kids can collect stickers on an Activity card as they go. These will be:
- Bike skills
- Emergency stop test
- Cycling Quiz
- Bike related – Warm Up / Cool Down Exercises
- Grundon Bike Road Safety
- Collect an autograph from an Elite rider
|All children under the age of 16 will have to complete this form before taking part in any of our activities on the day – to skip the queues, please print and bring along on the day.|
|Enter on the day:||£6|