We are looking for friendly, enthusiastic volunteers who enjoy working with the public, being outdoors and are quick thinkers.
All volunteers will assist the public by answering their questions regarding festival activities and help keep the public and cyclists safe during the event.
Here is a list of some roles we might ask you to fulfil on the day:
- Manning crossing points on the race courses in Wallingford town centre – these roles are important and you must be able to keep your eyes on the Race Marshalls, act fast and be firm when stopping the public from crossing the roads when the bikes are racing
- Manning crossing points on the race courses in the countryside
- Guide cyclists to the various registration points and where to line up for their races
- Welcoming cyclists back from their races and handing out refreshments
- Assist kids into cycling at the at the mini tracks on the Kinecroft
- Register cyclists – if you can work fast to help us keep the ques short, then this is the role for you!
- Assist on the car parks and making sure that your voice is heard!
There are morning and afternoon slots available and if you feel up to it, you can do all day with a break for lunch. Refreshments and lunch will be provided.
Please note that you will need to be standing for all of the time but we can also accommodate wheelchair users. There are also roles suitable for those under the age of 18.
If you want to volunteer but have concerns about your ability to do so then please contact us at email@example.com and we will reply within 48 hours.
Sign up today and complete our volunteer registration form below.